August is SMA Awareness Month. You may raise awareness by liking and sharing this post. Doing that you may help children like Inga get an access to SMA treatment that is still not available in UK. Thank to all of you for your help!

Some facts about SMA (spinal muscular atrophy):
– 1 in 50 people (over 140 million world wide) is a genetic carrier for SMA
– SMA affects approximately 1 in 11 000 and affects any gender or race
– When two carriers have a child there is: a 25% chance that the child will be unaffected; a 50% chance the child will be a carrier and a 25% chance that the child will have SMA
– There are four primary types of SMA (see attached graph). Inga has SMA type 2 – onset between 6-18 months and milestones achieved: sitting, never walking.

This week Inga does lots of physiotherapy. Among many exercises she loves horse riding most. It gives her a lot of joy and helps keep spine muscles stronger – scoliosis is one of disease results and we try to avoid it as long as it is only possible. Thank you for all your donations – without them it wouldn’t all be possible. Thx!